The Real Sam Shady

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Invention, invention, 'vention time!

Back when my bro and I used to watch MacGyver, we would get really excited at the point the show, about ten minutes before the end, when MacGyver would save the day by short-circuiting a nuclear missile with a rubber band, paper clips, some gum, and an Archie comic book... and then we would attempt our own 'ventions... like the pulley system we created to transport classified items down the super long hallway between our bedrooms. dorky? yes. fun? hell yeah.

I'm constantly thinking of new devices and contraptions... not to save my life... but to make life a little bit easier or more interesting. For example, why hasn't anyone invented an umbrella with clear long panels that run to the ground? I'm always soaked from the knees down - even if I'm carrying one of those huge golf umbrellas. Why haven't the umbrella manufacturers of the world discovered that rain pours sideways?

Anyway.

This is one of my favorite sites... falls under the category of blog/portal/consumer goods/interesting stuff. Just shows you that there is a market for everything. I love innovation.

http://www.popgadget.net/

AND, it's targeted for women. Happy that someone is noticing that women heart gadgets too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home